Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dino the Dinosaur - Times Two!

Gee, it's been awhile since I've blogged.  So, here's what's been going on.

I got back from Shipshewana after buying lots of fabric, bought more fabric and stuff for our Guild's Sew Day, and then bought more fabric for two other quilts I've been asked to make!  As if I didn't have enough fabric already - just wasn't the right type of fabric.

I quilted the One Bazillion Years Ago panels I bought during our Shipshewana trip.  When we returned, I found out that one of the babies for whom I bought the panels had already been born - three weeks early.  Both mom & baby are doing well at the last report.  Hope to see them soon.  The other baby isn't due until the end of August but I wanted to quilt it so I could count it toward the Challenge that was very loosely mentioned during our drive back from Shipshewana.

Here they are - aren't they adorable????

Here's the Dinosaurs with a white background.

I had some dinosaur fabric that was perfect for the backing.  They're not quite the same dinosaurs on the front as on the back but the colors worked well and, who knows - they could have been distant relatives!

Here's the same panel with a black background.  Cute as the dickens, I think.


Here's the backing that has the faces from the panel.  Really bright and fun to look at.



In addition to working on these quilts, I've been swimming as often as I can.  I'm up to a mile and a half with the major problem being keeping track of which lap I'm on.  I can pretty much tell where I am since it takes me 15 minutes to do 5 laps.  I've also gone out to eat with lots of family and friends. It's been a time to catch up with what's been going on in everyone's life.  All that eating is one of the reasons for all of those laps!  And to top it off, a group of us went to see the Mill Race Players version of The King and I. It was a fun production - lots of kids that did a wonderful job on their parts. One friend had her entire family involved - what a great summer activity!

Cheers!
Margaret





No comments:

Post a Comment