Sunday, November 7, 2010

Handbell Workshop

How does a Handbell Workshop fit with quilting?  Quite easily, as it turns out.

Four members of our church handbell choir went to a workshop in Greenwood yesterday.  We listened to a short concert by the Joyful Sounds, a community handbell choir that is quite good.  It was interesting to hear the bells from the audience side to see how some of the special techniques sound to the audience.

There was a music vendor there and here's what I bought from them:

Although they're great for ringing handbells, these will be my White Glove gloves for handling quilts at shows!
After the concert, we broke up into groups for three separate workshops.  Each workshop lasted an hour and we rotated from session to session.  After two sessions, and after talking with my fellow ringers, I decided to skip the third session and go to what I thought was an antique shop just down the street,  I walked in, walked around quickly, and walked out.  Since it was a beautiful but chilly day, I continued walking.  I knew the Greenwood library was close.  Just inside the front door of the library was their used book sale area. 

Guess what I found...


We're starting an Applique Group so I was intrigued by the patterns in the Treasury book.  I've always wanted to do a Watercolor quilt and the Dancing Quilts has some wonderfully interesting patterns and techniques.
At great prices!  So I bought them.  Now all I have to do is cut, sew and quilt!

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment