Saturday, April 30, 2011

Traveling Sewing Machine

One of the funnier incidents at Paducah actually started the Saturday before I left home.  It's Garage Sale Season so I know Spring is actually here.  One garage sale even advertised "Quilting Books."  Who could resist?  And to find it at the home of a friend was even better.

After catching up with Sandy & Betty, I looked through the quilting books.  There were several I was interested in and at $2 apiece, who could resist?  As I was looking, the owner of the books started talking to me.  It turns out she also was trying to get rid of a White Sewing Machine in a cabinet, given to her by her daughter.  She said it was mine for only 50 cents!  Sold!

Knowing that I was going to Paducah and that Cindy deals in vintage sewing machines, it was perfect timing.  So I loaded the machine into my car and took it home.  I did test it and it did work.  If I had even the slightest room for it, I might have kept it.  But I loaded it back in the car and off we went to Paducah.

When I showed Cindy the machine, I told her I wanted to double my money and I'd be happy.  She guessed that I had bought it for $1.  So we set it up in the middle of her booth.

Cindy, me and Martha.  Cindy set her Singer featherweight on the arm of the cabinet.  The White sewing machine is the black machine in the case.  It had all of the attachments and was in good condition.
Then on Tuesday, I heard some laughing and Cindy tapped me on the shoulder.  Who should be there but Martha, the owner of the machine.  She knows Cindy and recognized the machine.  What a good time we had laughing about the travels of the machine.

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment