Saturday, March 17, 2012

International Quilting Day

I've enjoyed a sewing and quilting day today, working on some applique for a quilt top using a technique learned from Sue Nickels last year at IHQS and making pillowcases for the Columbus Star Quilters upcoming Quilt Show.  No rush on the pillowcases since the show isn't until October but I thought I'd get a jump on them and use up some of the bright fabrics I've had laying around.

Dinosaurs and outer space fabrics - a delightful mix!
After working on those items, I went outside and enjoyed the beautiful summery weather we're having here - rode my bicycle and enjoyed seeing all of the families out along the People Trail that winds through the city of Columbus.  Wonderful day.

Cheers!
Margaret

2 comments:

  1. Love your pillowcases -- the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your note about my pillowcases. I just love bright colors - not only for pillowcases but for quilts and clothes!

      Delete