Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Meetings and Prizes

The past week has been terribly hectic.  I returned from Kansas City and turned around to attend the Indiana State Convention of P.E.O., the women's philanthropic organization to which I belong.  Had a great time at the convention and was thrilled that two of my chapter's newer members were the delegate and alternate.  Monica gave her convention report last night and I have to say that it was one of the most energetic and fun reports I've ever heard!  Of particular note was the contributions of her family to one of her posters...daughter Elise wrote Colin, Elise, Mommy & Daddy on the poster in magic marker; son Colin contributed (he wasn't such a happy camper about this) one of his Matchbox race cars; and husband Dave had the brilliant idea and the creative talent to draw the Yellow Brick Road that morphed into a race track, perfectly capturing the themes of this year's convention (There's No Place Like P.E.O.) and the transition to next year's convention theme (Sisters...Start Your Engines)!

At the last minute, the meeting was held at my house since the original hostess had done a number on her back.  Diane had apparently been shoveling mulch, planting flowers, weeding flower beds and all sorts of other tasks that take their toll on the body.  So I used a quilt as a tablecloth, made some raspberry lemonade and we were in business.


I purchased this quilt top at an auction for the Milroy Amish School last fall.  Finally found a quilt top that I could use the flourescent pink thread I had purchased several years ago.  It looks great and I love the way it looks on the table!
Picking up after the meeting, I remembered that I had received two boxes from Gammill.  I didn't think I had ordered anything from them so tore into the boxes and found that I had won a prize from them!  How fun!  Just look at the cool stuff - everything from pantographs to pins, thread to thread cutters, a bobbin keeper and even some machine oil!  Also included was a video titled, "The Great American Quilt Revival." I'm looking forward to watching the video this evening and then I'll be able to tell you what it's all about!
The really neat thing is that one of the pantos is a design that is perfect for the quilt now loaded.  And the "Under the Sea" pantograph that the red thread is sitting on will be perfect for the quilt that I'll be working on this summer.  It's a sea scape purchased in Morrow Bay, CA.  I'm excited!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Well, how cool is that! congrats on your prize win and all the fun stuff. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete