Monday, August 23, 2010

Groups of Three

Today was QOV day in Columbus.  I had completed quilting two of the four quilt tops in the queue last week.  I finally gathered up the courage to load a wonderful, bright quilt that I wanted to quilt with VW Beetles.  There were Beetles in the fabric so it was just the right thing to do.  When I got done, I was so excited, I took it off the frame and rushed over to deliver the quilts.  Here's the quilt with the bright VW Bug:

Look at those cute bugs in that fabric!  I used flourescent pink thread to quilt the hearts in the big blocks and the VW Beetles racing around the borders.  The butterflies were quilted using a variegated thread that included all of the colors in the quilt.

Susan is holding the quilt she completed in February.  She was tickled  pink - just like the thread!
Alice made a quilt that will go to someone fighting breast cancer.  There are lots of lovely shades of pink fabrics and I had a wonderful variegated pink thread to use.

Here's Alice peeking over the top of her quilt.  I love this 9 patch design and the effect of the light and dark pinks
The third quilt was one of Flossies.  It was fun to quilt and I had the perfect thread for it, too!  It was an interesting combination of yellow, purple and green that went beautifully with her quilt.

Myra's holding one side and Becky's just peeking around the other.  I love the vibrant color combinations.
Next on my list for the longarm were three baby quilts.  Last year I had done some strip piecing of these fun fabrics and completed one quilt for a charity auction.  The remaining blocks have been sitting for over a year.  I got them assembled a few weeks ago but was waiting for a lull in the activity. Now they're quilted!  I made them just wide enough to fit on a single width of fabric and I had enough of the dinosaur fabric to back all three quilts.

See the extra dinosaur fabric in the front of the picture?  Two are sashed using the red fabric but I ran out when making the third quilt.  The yellow adds a bit of zing and I'll bind it with the yellow fabric as well.
There's even a little over 1/2 yard of dinosaur fabric left.  Not sure what I'll do with it.  What's with dinosaurs this year???  Now to finish the bindings. 

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment