Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's Wrong with this Picture?

You guessed it - no sewing machine!
After all of the progress sewing Friday evening, I was back at it Saturday morning.  I still had the finishing touches to put on the four pillowcases with plans to seam the backing for another QOV quilt waiting in the wings.  I started on the first pillowcase and got that band sewn down, ironed the finished case and went on to the second one.  Changed the color thread so it would match the trim and started to sew.  The sewing machine went bonkers, making a new noise after just a few stitches.  I removed the material from under the presser foot and noticed major loopies on the underside.  Took that stuff out and repeated the process, making sure to hold the ends of the threads so it didn't get stuck.  Take Two...same noise, same issue.  Took that stuff out and removed the bobbin to be certain I had inserted the bobbin and thread correctly.  Take Three...same noise, same issue.  It was then I noticed the screen on the Sewing Computer (as my owner's manual refers to it) wasn't showing the normal icons.  Stuff was missing from the screen.  Turned it off and back on.  Take Four...same noise, same issue, same lack of stuff on the screen.  It was then I realized the Sewing Computer had run amok.

After a call to Shiisa Quilts to confirm what I needed to do, I boxed it up and trotted back to Bloomington so it could be repaired.  Boo hoo!  Janet was very comforting and helpful in assuring me it wouldn't take forever and that it was likely a quick fix for the technicians.  Despite this assurance, I'm still feeling withdrawal.  Oh, well...did that stop me from buying more fabric?  Nooooo!

Rather than doing a two-way fracture with the blue panels I decided it really would be better as a four-way fracture so I bought another set of panels.  I also spied some red fabric that would make a tremendous border for the blue fracture so had to buy some of it.  And then there was this great black and gold fabric that will be a terrific border for the other fracture that I was able to complete before my Sewing Computer went blooie.

The red fabric is much brighter than in the picture and has beautiful gold calligraphy that is just perfect as a complement to the figures in the panel.
I'm so excited about having the materials to complete these fractures!  Now all I need is a Sewing Computer to complete the project!  Good thing Shiisa is so close and it will get fixed so quickly.
 
Stay tuned for the results - but don't hold your breath as it may be a week or so before I get my Sewing Computer back.  How will I ever make it???

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment