Thursday, August 2, 2012

Baby Books

I mentioned the baby book material I found at the Quilters Hall of Fame Celebration 2012.  It was too much to resist - had to make them!  They are cute but since I don't have any friends that are expecting babies (none that I know of anyway), they may end up at the Quilters Boutique at the Guild's upcoming show.  Put our October 6-7th show on your calendar!  Donner Center at 22nd and Sycamore Streets, Columbus, Indiana!  Y'all come!

Interesting that they are two different sizes.  

The Veggie Tales story is about the creation of the earth.

Not sure of the point of the Pillow Pals story but the colors are bright and the pictures are lots of fun.
 The other quilting tool I inherited recently is a pin picker-upper.  I'm sure that's not the name of it but Dad had two of them so I snagged one.  There have been times when pins fell beneath my longarm and I had to get down on hands and knees to retrieve them.  With this handy magnet on a pole, just wave it over the pins and ... Zap!  they get picked up.
I'm sure this is available at your favorite hardware store - magnet on a stick!
Cheers!

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. The baby books are sweet! I like the idea of a soft book for them to hold.
    Love the pin picker upper :-) DH was coming into my room to borrow my magnetic wand that I have sewing pins on...so I used a coupon one day and bought him his own. He would like one with a long handle on it even better. I'll have to surprise him with one.

    ReplyDelete