Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Bunny Brings More than Eggs!

The Easter Bunny visited me this weekend in the guise of my parents. 

My Dad has developed a talent for making lovely furniture from lumber purchased at a variety of auctions that he has attended through the years.  He has made a variety of bookshelves, end tables, desks and hutches, blanket chests, quilt racks and other items for me and my siblings as well as the grandkids.  Although you can't really see the bookcase very well, you can see how well I've stocked it with books.  Isn't the table lovely?

A couple of months ago I was asking how his latest woodworking project was going and he didn't have anything in progress.  I saw an opportunity and jumped right in.  Having just bought several spools of thread, I was running out of space to store them.  I kept knocking them over and couldn't find what I wanted without searching and searching and searching...you get the drift.  So I asked for a thread stand.  I'd seen a large thread stand at a longarm dealer's showroom but the price blew me away.  Couldn't find anything online that looked close enough to hold the large cones of thread that I buy for my longarm.  So I explained what I was looking for and sent the measurements for my cones of thread.  Just look at the result - fits a nook near my longarm, too!  It's an elegant solution to my obsession with threads.  While I still have quite a few cones stocked in a drawer, this is a great way to store and find the thread I use most often that was previously just piled on top of a small table in the basement.  Best present from the Easter Bunny I've ever received.  Better than chocolate, even!

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. Winning combination...quilter and woodworker. The table is lovely and the thread stand just brilliant. And definitely better than chocolate! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift from your Dad! And now you can see all the beautiful colors at a glance. I hope you got some chocolate too :-)

    ReplyDelete