Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sarah Sue

Quilt Fest was interesting for another reason - they had some terrific door prizes.  About 30 minutes after I walked in the door, my name was called as the winner of a door prize!  Here's Sarah Sue!  Doesn't she have a sweet face?
Sarah Sue
The show at Rising Sun had quite a few doll-related vendors.  There were also several doll related entries in the show - doll quilts, doll clothes and dolls.  I had an interesting conversation with Nita Keeler, owner of Bumbershoot Studios.  Nita is the dollmaker that contributed this wonderful door prize.  It's hard for me to fathom the amount of time she spends crafting all of the components for this doll.  Sarah Sue is sophisticated enough to stand up by herself.

As a child, I had very few dolls.  While I might have had one, my sister and I were reminiscing the other day and our memories were that we played with the dolls at our next door neighbor's house.  The four girls in that family had lots of dolls.

Now, it seems, I'm starting a doll collection.  In addition to Sarah Sue, Wendy gave me a Quilt Angel at our Cambria quilt retreat.  What I don't know is whether or not Wendy named my Quilt Angel.  Wendy???  She's very cuddly and I love her wings and the flower she's holding.  I just haven't come up with an appropriate name for her yet.  We'll just have to see if the right name surfaces.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to name quilts, harder yet to name dollies. Your collection is growing! Nice.

    ReplyDelete