Thursday, April 1, 2010

SewBatik - So Fun!

Did I mention that I had applied to become a Longarm Associate with the SewBatik company?  They accepted me and I now have an official associate number - LAP 1377!  They have a line of batik fabrics that is just beautiful - both in flannels and regular cotton batiks.   Just look at some of the samples below:
Center leafy pattern on just one of the possible batik options

Side Border that goes with the leafy pattern

As a longarmer, I love the 108" wide line of fabrics they have.  Having made several full size quilts now, I really appreciate not having to seam fabric for backings.  While that's easy enough to do, having a 108" wide fabric eliminates that one step and that saves me time.  I don't know about quilt shops in your area, but shops around here don't carry a large selection of 108" wide fabrics.  And their selections are usually limited in scope and color.  I love having color on the back of my quilts just as much as I love it on the front.  So these batiks are a dream come true for me. 


I just love the random dots and the color gradations on this fabric.


Aren't the colors on this batik lucious?  And this is 108" wide, too!
What really caught my eye several years ago were the beautiful colors. I was initially drawn to the pastel shades that are my first love.  This year I saw some darker colors - browns and blacks - made up into a quilt that was stunning. So I'm a convert!

Check out their web site to see their gorgeous fabrics. And next time you go to a quilt show, look for their booth. If you purchase something from them either at their booth or online, I would appreciate it if you would mention my number as that helps them know who is spreading the word. I'll be honest - it helps me and who knows - might help you, too!

Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment