Sunday, July 8, 2012

Aurifil Thread

Sharon introduced me to Aurifil thread for piecing at a quilt retreat a few years ago.  Since that time I've come to appreciate the improvement in my piecing accuracy as a result of this thinner but very strong thread. It was only this year that I inquired about using it in my longarm and found that there are those who do use Aurifil thread in their longarm.

I gave it a try and it was wonderful!

Large cone of Aurifil thread purchased at MQS this year.  Found I had a smaller spool of thread so I used it to wind the bobbins.
It was the perfect color thread to use in an all over pattern on Earlene's bargello quilt.  Her piecing is superb and I love the color runs on this quilt.  She has it entered in the Bartholomew County Fair this year.

Try it.  You'll like it!

Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment