Friday, July 6, 2012

Book Bonanza

I was excited to see three packages of books on my doorstep this afternoon.  I had recently ordered some books to expand my knowledge of quilts, quilting, color, composition and other quilty things.

Lots of color and design books - the area in which I need the most help!
These books will make interesting reading and study material as I am currently enrolled in the NQA Judges' Certification program.  I received a list of questions that I need to answer and several of them are on color and design topics where my knowledge base is pretty thing.  Thus the need for these books.

I also ordered one that has been of enduring interest to me - Quilts Their Story and How to Make Them by Marie Webster.  It's the green book - from the Brooklyn Public Library and was purchased by them in the days before zip codes.  Their address is listed Brooklyn 17, NY.  Who else remembers those days?  It's been culled from their stacks and at one point was a reference book.  I couldn't resist purchasing this and love the old library smell!

Time to read!
Cheers!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment