Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On a Quilting High

I just returned from the Third Annual Seaside Stitchers retreat.  I was the Newbie this year and it was a great experience.  Wonderful location, great quilters, and lots of scenery by the sea - a slice of quilting heaven, for sure.  The view from the upper balcony is now the wallpaper for my phone

The energy in that group was enormous - or why I'm starting a blog.  There was a plethora of new tools, tips and techniques on display throughout the week.  We took time to shop the local quilt shops and I managed to buy two different sets of borders for the quilt I was working on.  The first fabric worked well with the quilt top and I was happy.  But when we got to a different quilt store, the same fabric was there in a different color that was really dynamic - that was the one!

As soon as I quilt the three customer quilts waiting for me, I'll get the Cambria project quilted and a photo on my new blog.  And as soon as my camera battery charges up, I'll add some pictures from the week.  In the meantime, I've got to quilt!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment